We help mental health care and peer support providers—and organizations—improve the well-being of Canadian Veterans and their Families.
We recognize the commitment service providers have to delivering the best care and supports to Veterans and their Families. We support practitioners and organizations through a variety of evidence-based implementation resources and training opportunities.
“The goal of implementation science is to integrate research and practice in ways that improve the outcomes of those being served.”
Implementation translates into four steps:
- Taking promising practices from research
- Adapting these practices to your context as service providers
- Using these practices consistently
- Seeing positive results
Introducing and sustaining change is difficult. We recommend only proven implementation strategies to support changes in your practice. Atlas is your partner in this process, providing you with the guidance you need to succeed.
Support for your practice
Implementing an evidence-based practice, program, or policy to improve the mental health of Veterans and their Families can be a challenge. We provide support to anyone who wants to put one of these into effect. We offer a wide range of assistance to many different types of service providers. There are important factors to consider and questions to ask when exploring how Atlas can lend our resources to aid your success.
Our implementation and training supports are designed for service providers in a variety of roles and contexts, such as:
- Clinical Administrators
- Clinical Supervisors
- Occupational Therapists
- Peer Supporters
- Program evaluators
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
We support the long-term integration of change in your everyday practice by offering:
- Implementation planning
- Support for monitoring and evaluating change
In addition to these implementation services, we provide resources and training to increase the use of evidence-based practices, and fill the gaps identified by service providers, Veterans and their Families. We are currently offering or developing the following:
- Training in evidence-based practices
- Clinical consultation with experienced service providers
- Communities of practice and learning collaboratives
- Best practice and minimum standard development
- Cultural context guides and reference guides
- Implementation research projects
When in place, our implementation and training supports will help you:
- Develop knowledge and skillsets to provide evidence-based, culturally appropriate mental health support to Veterans and their Families.
- Get access to the most up-to-date science and research affecting Veterans and their Families.
Build relationships with peers and stakeholders who share an interest in supporting the mental health of Veterans and their Families.
Collaborate with a Senior Implementation Specialist (or team of Senior Implementation Specialists) who can walk you through the latest best practices.
In our work with service providers, we promise to:
- Listen and understand the needs of your team or organization
- Create supports tailored to your clinical and organizational needs and context
- Promote evidence-based practices in clinical trainings and implementation work
- Advance equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) values and practices
Connect with us
We respond to the needs of the sector and are always looking for new projects. Contact Tara McFadden, Director of Implementation, more information or to share ideas with the implementation team:
EXPLORE OUR IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES
Access specialist support to introduce, improve or evaluate your evidence-based practice.